BoxOffice is a pay-per view movie rental service available on your PVR at the touch of a button. It boasts up to 15 of the latest blockbuster movies with some available the same day as released on DVD. Simply press the GREEN button on your PVR remote and have instant access to your favourite blockbuster movies from the comfort of your home.
- You must be a DStv Premium Subscriber with an active PVR subscription. This could be an SD PVR, 4 tuner HD PVR or a 2 P PVR. If you don’t have a PVR, BoxOffice is yet another good reason to get one.
- Before you can rent a movie, you’ll first need to sign up for the BoxOffice service.
- If you have an HD PVR, press the GREEN button on your PVR remote and if you have an SD PVR, press the GREEN button then select BoxOffice to call up the BoxOffice home screen.
- SMS your smartcard number as displayed on the TV screen to 37569.
- Once we receive your SMS, we’ll open up your unique BoxOffice account. This account will be totally separate to your DStv subscription account.
- We’ll send you an SMS as soon as your account has been opened.
- If you are an Xtraview subscriber with more than one PVR or you have more than one PVR in your DStv account, don’t panic, we’ll link them too. You only have to sign up once with one smartcard and use any of your PVRs to rent your BoxOffice movie.
Now that you are signed up, you can start renting. But wait, how will you pay? – That’s easy too!
There are 2 payment options on screen – press the blue button to pay via BoxOffice Account or the yellow button to pay using your Mastercard or VISA credit card.
- If you pay your DStv subscription via debit order, and your cellphone number is on our records, your BoxOffice account will be automatically set for debit order too. This means watch as many movies as you like for the month and pay for it at the same time that you pay your DStv subscription. Remember you will receive a separate statement to your DStv statement.
- If you do not pay your DStv subscription via debit order, you can still use BoxOffice account payment option but you will have to pre-pay funds into your BoxOffice account in the same way as you currently pay your DStv subscription – you know, by cash or cheque at your MultiChoice branch or by EFT. As you rent your movies, we will deduct the funds from your BoxOffice account balance. When this account runs out, simply add more funds to continue renting.
- Or you can simply pay by credit card. Choose your movie, press YELLOW button for credit card payment, SMS the rental code as displayed on your TV screen and we’ll send you an SMS with a link. Select the link and proceed with your Mastercard or VISA credit card payment.
Renting a movie:
- Select your favourite movie.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose your payment option.
- SMS the Rental code.
Within 5 mins, you will be enjoying your movie. Once a movie is rented, you have 48 hours to watch it as many times as you like.
Controlling your account:
- If you’re the main account holder, we should have your cellphone number on record.
- This number will be listed as the primary number on your BoxOffice account.
- You can then link another 3 cellphone numbers to your BoxOffice account. Any of these 4 cellphone numbers can be used to rent a movie.
- To stop your kids or anyone for that matter from clearing your BoxOffice account in a single weekend, simply set the BoxOffice Rental Blocking PIN to “on” and manage who rents what and when.